Friday, February 18, 2011

The Third Law - The Law of Karma

“Every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind..... What we sow is what we reap.


And when we choose actions that bring happiness and success to others, the fruit of our karma is happiness and success." Deepak Chopra.
Karma is both the action and the consequence.

I know everything that is currently happening in my life is because of the actions I have taken in my past. That can be an overwhelming realisation; however it is also an empowering reality to know I have the freedom to choose. Whilst I can not change my past I can choose how I respond to the results (karma) of my past. This is where I believe the choice to be graceful serves me well. Rather than making the other person wrong or to retaliate in anyway I choose a graceful response of acceptance and well wishing. Deepak Chopra suggests that prior to deciding on any action we could ask ourselves “will this bring happiness and success to myself and others?" and if we listen to our hearts response we will know the right action to take. This is living consciously and being at cause in our lives.

I love the concept of paying it forward and I believe this is a beautiful way to deal with karmic debt and at the same time creating future karma of happiness and success. By offering a kind deed or something material to another without expectation of anything in return is paying it forward.

I have been through some adversity and transitions in my life recently and have decided to gift some of my material possessions to those who can make use of them. This feels a graceful way of accepting responsibility for my past choices and creating karma of happiness and success for myself and others.

“ Karma is the eternal assertion of human freedom .. our thoughts, our words and deeds are the threads of the net which we throw around ourselves” Swami Vivekananda.

Please feel free to share your experiences of The Law of Karma.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment