Thursday, September 30, 2010

Watch your words

"Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important occasions arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity, and the emotions to affect other people." Jim Rohn
Our words have a powerful effect on our lives. When we become aware of our language and use it purposefully our world can change in extraordinary ways. What you focus on, creates your reality. It is not only the words  we say out loud , it is also the words that we repeat in our heads. If you want abundance then focus your words on having all you need and want, not on the burdens you may carry.That is not to say that challenge does not exist, it does however the words we use to describe the challenges are what count.
Earlier this week I went to a busy Sydney railway station with the purpose of handing out flyer's to attract potential team members. I did this, however what I also experienced was  an acute awareness of the power of my words. I saw the faces on hundreds of people change because I wished them a wonderful day, I felt so humbled by such a simple act on my behalf and realised the power my words had to positively effect another. Becoming aware of my words allows me to use them wisely, to offer support and encouragement maybe even brighten someones day.
What words are you speaking, internally and externally that are effecting your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment