Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mind Your Language


What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself.
Mark Twain



Are you aware of how powerful your language is? Do you realise the effect it has on the life you are creating?



Becoming aware of the words that we continually utter to ourselves and speak out loud, has a huge effect on the life we are creating.

How often are we striving to achieve a certain outcome, be it success in business, health or love, and we just don’t hit the results you truly desire – it could be our choice of words? Yes our choice – we can choice more empowering, life enhancing words.

I have often heard people say things like “I am sick and tired off…..” “I can’t afford that”, “I don’t have a choice” “my boss never…..” and they wonder why life feels like such a struggle. If only we chose to become acutely aware of the words that leave our lips and the constant chatter in our minds we can positively change our results.



When we find ourselves caught up in the challenges of life, the words that we choose to express those difficulties has an effect. I have also been paying close attention to the songs that are on repeat in mind – when I notice I am singing (in my mind) words that are not affirming of the life I choose to live, I immediately change the tune to a more empowering one.

It goes to say that repeatedly talking about the things we are not happy with in our lives also keep that drama alive. “What we focus on is what we continue to bring about” so why not focus and speak of that which we desire.

Are you minding your language?

No comments:

Post a Comment