Thursday, July 21, 2011

Forgiveness a path to freedom

Forgiveness – a path to freedom

I was aware there were people in my life that I needed to forgive as a way of moving forward and living a more meaningfully and authentically version of my life and letting go of what has been so what wants to be can be.

I believe forgiveness is an act of self love and by facing and forgiving those challenging and painful areas of my life I am free to be me more fully and at a deeper level.

Some of those I needed to forgive are very close to me or have been and one particular relationship I was very scared to look at

For fear of what I may uncover, however it was time.

Here is my version of a forgiveness ceremony – I share this as a framework for you to create your own unique version.



“When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.” Catherine Ponder



Forgiveness Ceremony – to be performed in nature if possible- I was by the beautiful Jindabyne Lake in Australia.

You will need – paper and pen –



Sit quietly and bring your awareness to your breath – centre yourself and ask yourself “what is my deepest truth about ……………… (The person or people you are to forgive), keep asking that question until information comes; I usually know I am in the deepest truth when I begin to feel emotion, trust yourself to know this point.

Taking your pen and paper – write – Dear ………… (the person you are wanting to forgive) and write no editing – write until you can not write anymore, write until forgiveness comes. If you don’t feel like you can forgive the person, there is more to get off your chest. For some, this may take more that one session. Once you have reached forgiveness write a second letter this time writing – Dear …… I forgive you………………., simple allow what ever needs to come, come.

After you have completed this process – its now time to forgive yourself – take another piece of paper and write a letter to yourself – Dear Me – I forgive you ……………

When this is complete close your eyes and notice how your body is feeling.

Give yourself an inner hug to acknowledge what you have bravely achieved and give thanks for your beautiful surroundings and you may like to set an intention for yourself. An example of an intention might be ‘even though …… doesn’t understand the way I choose to live my life, I appreciate them in my life and I love them as they are”.

I usually like to play a beautiful piece of music at this point to close my ceremony and then sit and observe for a little while – nature just may offer you a gift – like 13 black swans gliding by!

I would love to hear of your own experience if that feels appropriate.
Namaste,
Kym






No comments:

Post a Comment