Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Change – Is it your friend or Foe?

“Be the Change You Want To See In the World” Mahatma Gandhi



“People don’t like change” is a very common saying – I’m not sure I agree.



Of course, some people don’t like change. I’m sure we can all relate to that older member of our family that likes things to be just as they always have been, grumbling at the slightest change, wanting everyone to conform to their way of doing things.

Change doesn’t have to be labelled as bad ,there are definitely many benefits of change. For instance If we resisted change completely we wouldn’t have this wonderful way of communicating with each other via the internet, we wouldn’t be open to new resources to bring balance to our earth, we would not have been open to solar power, what about the seasons and many more new ways of being. Often the resistance to change is due to the fear of the unknown, however if we want to create an amazing life for ourselves, our family, our community we must embrace change regularly and constantly.



“If I’d asked people what they wanted, they would have asked fore a better horse” Henry Ford.



When contemplating how I deal with change I realise there are some forms of change I embrace and even welcome whilst others I resist stubbornly.

I have been paying particular attention to my responses to change and have found that overall I view change as my friend and take that as a sign that I am growing and being more of what I want to see in the world.

I have experienced a relatively large amount of change over the past 12 months and it has been, at times incredibly uncomfortable and even difficult to see my way forward on some days however, I have continued to explore and discover more about myself through the lens of “am I being the change I want to see?” I am happy to report that I have chosen to see the opportunity in the changes as my launching pad into a fuller more empowered way to live. Because of this I purposefully don’t allow myself to always sit at the same seat in my favourite café and look for opportunities to do the little tasks in different ways however what I don’t change is the vision I have for my future, I may need to course correct and look for new ways to create the outcomes I desire but my vision is clear and that wont change.



How do you Feel about Change?

No comments:

Post a Comment